TERMS & CONDITIONS (Based on Industry Standards)
1. Bowyer Transportation Services, Inc. (a broker MC404045B) will hereafter be referred to as BTSI does agree to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the dates requested. BTSI will designate a reliable carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. BTSI or it's Agents do not guarantee a specific pick-up or delivery date.
2. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the carriers straight bill of lading, copies of which are available at the office of carrier and are incorporated herein.
3. Carrier responsibility begins when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. BTSI must be notified, should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, his agent must be designated at that time.
4. BTSI hereby notifies shipper that his vehicle will be driven on and off the transport, or to and from the transport at the pickup or delivery site, should the carrier be unable to access either site.
5. All vehicles to be delivered with a balance owing shall be paid by CASH or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (U.S.). Should delivery be attempted after proper notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) will be taken to and left at the nearest terminal, where shipper will have to retrieve, pay for storage or redelivery fees.
6. BTSI does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier.
7. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $150.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other monies owed. It is shippers responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order.
8. BTSI or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal Regulation prohibits BTSI or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknown to BTSI or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the shipper. Should damage occur or fines be levied, said fines or damage are shippers responsibility.
9. BTSI or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes), acts of terrorism, flying object from the road or sky during transport. Shipper should maintain their own insurance for this reason.
10. Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport, all loose parts fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shippers responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
11. If damage should occur due to negligence by the carrier, all monies owed must be paid at time of delivery. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his agent has received said vehicle in good condition, and that BTSI and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his agent MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
12. BTSI and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. BTSI will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will BTSI accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If your vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider.
13. Any claim or controversy arising from or relating to this agreement, or the performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Chartion County, Brunswick, MO. Shipper specifically waives any right to judicature of this matter at any other location. BTSI can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can BTSI be held liable for the designated carrier's damage.
14. BTSI will not be liable for any rental car charges incurred due to traffic accidents, transport damage, vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes), acts of terrorism, flying objects from the road or sky during transport. Shipper should maintain their own insurance for this reason.
BTSI LIBTSILITY DISCLAIMER
BTSI NOR ITS AGENTS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
(THESE EXCLUSION ARE ALL STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICES OF THE AUTO TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY)
Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheelbearings, tiedowns, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (no evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore BTSI or its agents do not except responsibility for them.
2. Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
3. Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition. (BTSI suggests that they be removed)
4. Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
5. Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
6. Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out the sky.
7. Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
8. Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
9. Damage caused by vandalism during transport.
10. Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
11. Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
12. Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes.
13. Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system)
14. No rental car fees will be paid by BTSI.